Concealed Handgun Carry Class
Course exceeds training requirements to apply for New Mexico Concealed Handgun License. You will leave this course much better prepared regarding when you should and should NOT use deadly force. Range drills will build confidence and skill in your ability to use your firearm safely. Non-violent conflict resolution and awareness are key elements to this course of instruction. Topics include:
- Developing a Personal Protection Plan
- Self-Defense Firearm Basics
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Legal Use of Force
- Violent Encounters and their Aftermath
- Gear and Gadgets
- Basic And Advanced Skills
- New Mexico Specific Laws
- Handgun Practice And Proficiency
- Handgun Qualification
- $145 (book included in fee)
- 100 rounds
- 15-17 hours
- Click here for class dates and to register
- Click here for class location
Receive the tools, skills, knowledge and legal certification to teach concealed carry classes.
Phase 1 of the course is an 8 hour on-line training module developed by Michael Martin of the USCCA. The training module mirrors his book “Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals” and the professionally developed PowerPoint presentation for use in your classes. The on-line training module must be completed prior to attending the live training session.
The cost of phase 1 is $250 and includes the Instructor Toolkit and E-Learning Module. These are purchased directly from the USCCA. As registered students for the Instructor Certification Course, you will receive a substantial price reduction for these items. If you already have one or both of these, your price will be reduced or eliminated. Upon completion of the class you will be sent the Instructor Toolkit.
Phase 2 is a live certification session consisting of classroom instruction, hands-on breakout sessions, and live-fire exercises. The live certification session covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction and FAQs
- Instructor Mistakes
- Teaching Best Practices
- Managing a Safe Live Fire Range
- Live Fire Exercises
- Presenting the Student Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business
- Final Test and Review
The cost of phase 2 is $347 and is paid directly to the classroom instructor. Class space is limited to 12 students per instructor.
Successful completion of phase 1 and 2 will earn you the right to be called a United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Instructor. Your certification is approved to teach CCW classes in 36 states. You will be listed on the USCCA Instructor website and your classes will be searchable to prospective students.Classes:
Please contact the instructor for more information.
- Basic Gun Safety Seminar
- Countering The Mass Shooter Threat
- NRA Refuse to be Victim Seminar
- USCCA Basic Pistol Course
- USCCA Home Defense Course
- USCCA Instructor Certification Course
- Personal one-on-one instruction available upon request
- Ladies Only (Group) Classes